Messages of Support
Prime Minister of Australia
Hon Malcolm Turnbull PM
Prime Minister of Australia
Hon Kevin Rudd PM
Letters of Support
Premier NSW The Hon Mike Baird 2014
Prime Minsiter Malcolm Turnbull 2013 & 2017
Prime Minister The Hon Kevin Rudd 2013
Her Excellency Professor Dame Marie Bashir Governor NSW 2014
City of Gold Coast
Receives Oficial Listing as a World Kindness City
City of Sydney Lord Mayor
Cr Clover Moore
The Premier of NSW
The Hon Mike Baird
Her Excellency Governor of NSW
Proffessor Dame Marie Bashir
Australian Human Rights Commissioner
The Hon Tim Wilson
Things You Should Know About World Kindness Australia
- World Kindness Australia has no Political or Religious affiliations.
- World Kindness Australia will support the overarching endeavours of the global campaign.
- World Kindness Australia will not seek nor accept donations or apply for grants, it will be independently funded through a sustainable business model designed to support, promote and work with the goodwill initiatives for all to create positive change.
- World Kindness Australia does not employ staff or management, however engages a range of high calibre individuals to contribute time and organisations to participate thereby reducing overhead to a bear minimum.
- World Kindness Australia is not a governing body, it is a platform for national collaboration designed to encourage and support all sectors of our communities to engage in the global campaign for a kinder world.
- Membership to World Kindness Australia is not based on members receiving or expecting benefits of membership but rather providing a value add to the campaign for a kinder world.
- In May 2011 World Kindness Australia became a registered Not For Profit.
- World Kindness Australia was elected as the Secretariat to the World Kindness Movement at 7th General Assembly in London in Sept 2012 where the “Kindness Torch” was passed from the Singapore Government’s Ministry of Culture, serving two terms and fulfilling the international duties as the head office until September 3rd 2017.
- World Kindness Australia was officially and unanimously endorsed on the 13th of September 2014 as a National Peak Kindness Body by the international delegates convening in Sydney for the World Kindness Movement’s 8th General Assembly.
- World Kindness Australia received and delivered Messages of Support from two Australian Prime Ministers our Vice Regal, State Premiers and Federal Ministers including the Lord Mayor of Sydney and numerous Declarations of Support from city councils. for more information on our journey please see link.
Michael is an agent for positive change with an extensive background in strategic planning having consulted on staffing strategies for the Olympics and Commonwealth Games. Since 2011 Michael has been the Chair of the peak national body, World Kindness Australia and in 2012 at the London 7th General Assembly, became the first elected General Secretary to the prestigious peak global body, The World Kindness Movement representing 28 nations. As a strategic leader Michael not only motivates people to consider new ideas and concepts, he inspires us to embrace them, thereby becoming a catalyst for change. He supports colleagues to contribute and thereby develops a fertile culture of inspired thinking outside the square. He now give some talks about the Myths of Kindness and the Courage to be kind.
Under his stewardship, both organisations secured Messages of Support from two Australian Prime Ministers, the Vice Regal, the Australian Commissioner for Human Rights, State & Federal Government Ministers, State Premiers, numerous local government bodies including the City of Sydney & City of Gold Coast. This achievement was acknowledged in the NSW Parliament & in Her Excellency Dame Marie Bashir 2014 Message. He secured former non member nations participation in the global campaign for a kinder world & delivered the Australian Prime Minister’s Message at the launch of World Kindness China in Hong Kong in 2013. Following chairing the 8th International Council Meeting in Paris, he met with the Minister of Prime Minister of Thailand to host the 1st World Leaders Kindness Summit in Bangkok. In 2017 he delivered a new Australian Prime Minister’s Message of Support in Seoul, & chaired the 20th Anniversary 9th General Assembly of the World Kindness Movement. Michael presented the City of Gold Coast in Australia with international endorsement as a “World Kindness City.” Since stepping down as General Secretary in Sept 2017, Michael officially accepted the challenge to be the Chief Advisor to the Board of World Kindness USA and was recognised receiving “Most Inspiring Man of 2018 Award” at the Momentum Men In Black gala event in Perth. He continues to deliver passionate keynote addresses to engage, inspire and influence leaders and people of influence, on how a kinder world can be realised in our lifetime.
This page will be updated on a regular basis as we form a National Coalition of the Goodwilling choosing to unite in the spirit of true collaboration by embracing the Courage To Be Kind. Please register your interest as we will be responding to all inquiries as soon as possible. organisations who have already become “Official Members” in this ambitious project include but are not limited to:
- NSW Parents Council
- NSW Business Chamber
- HUSH Foundation Vic
- Kindness on Purpose NSW
- The Hope Project ACT
- The Lightworkers Initiatve
- North West Disability NSW
- Central Coast District P&C
- Our Big Kitchen NSW
- Housekeeping Association NSW
- Music for Refugees NSW
- BNI Northern Beaches NSW
- KDP Advisory Services NSW
- The Waterline Challenge NSW
- Momentum Australia Perth
To express interest please email email@example.com
- Cities / Educational Institutions and Government Departments play an important role in the global strategy for positive change and we welcome working with cities and schools to support their endeavours to meet the KPIs, (Kindness Performance Indicators) as they commence the journey to receive international endorsement and be officially listed as a World Kindness City. Cities and Schools who have joined the campaign include but are not limited to:
- City of Sydney New South Wales
- City Of Gold Coast Queensland
- City of Logan Queensland
- Woollahra Municipal Council NSW
- Waverly Municipal Council NSW
- Sutherland Shire Council NSW
- Randwick City Council NSW
- Nth East Health Wangaratta VIC
- Emmaus Christian School ACT
- Sydney Womens College NSW
- University of Sydney Sport & Fitness NSW
- Danebank Anglican School for Girls NSW
- Rose Bay Secondary College NSW
- South Grafton Public School NSW
- Callagan College NSW
- Crestwood Public High School NSW
- George Patterson College QLD
Business has an important role to play and is one of the greatest influences in our culture and engaging companies whether they be large public listed multi nationals or Small to Medium Enterprises (SME) or sole traders, their participation makes a difference to building the critical mass required for positive change. There is a Catch. They must be prepared to meet the Kindness Performance Indicators. Businesses who have become official members include but are not limited to:
- Macchiato Cafe Sydney
- Albert Meyer Funeral Directors
- Cosmopolitan Cafe Double Bay
- Big Ideas Group Brisbane
- Theta Healing Australia
- Tourism Gems Brisbane
- String Words Consultancy VIC
- Beck Melville Melbourne VIC
- Bondi Football Acadamy NSW
- Feel Good Feb Sydney
- Enagic Cangen Water Perth
- Kindness On Purpose NSW
- EP7 Perth
- Momentum Forum Events Perth
- Karen Jane Productions PL NSW
The Preamble to The Declaration Of Suport